Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Maybe I should do heroine? Could make a good book I suppose.

Just returned from a failed attempt to go see Emery play at the Boardwalk. I showed up to find it sold out. Which, of course, sucks big time. So I resolve to sit on the deck of the venue and listen from the cold. I lose out on the crowd experience and energy, but honestly, you can hear the band much more clearly from out there; Whether or not thats a good thing... However, the same bouncer who wouldn't let me in now starts telling me that I can't hang out in front of the bar either. What the hell? Its a parking lot! I just needed to unwind after a weird day and listen to some great music, but no. Asshole. Im having a weird day today. I just finished reading "The Heroine Diaries" By Nikki Sixx. Fantastic book and would be a great read for anyone. However, it is especially good for those struggling with serious (or minor, whatever) drug problems cause he really fleshed out the mental and physical ailments that come along with major abuse. Something is bothering me about it though, I somehow still find so much draw in that whole scene... Not the image of curled up naked in my closet with a broken needle jammed into my penis (read the book, you will get it... for better or worse. Im gonna go with the latter). However, the whole idea of living the dream of music so completely and living it with no limits. I tour right now (which you know if you are reading this blog) and its so hard on me to be away from home like that, and being away THAT much would be awful. But all the same, I love the idea of being able to let your dream and passion be so consuming... I think that is the name of the upcoming college trip... I should probably go to that. This might be a sign, or something far less fetched. All the same, today I seem to be on edge for no apparent reason and suddenly have a strange desire to buy a gun and chill in my closet. Im not really sure why I am having these thoughts, or better yet, why I am letting you read them.
But whatever, just one of those days.

P.S. Go buy the Endeverafter album Kiss or Kill. Its one of the best debut albums I have ever heard, and certainly the best one to be released so far this year. You will prob recognize "I Wanna Be Your Man" from the radio, and the rest of it from your wildest dreams. Hell. Yes.

No comments: